Looking for the best vacuum sealer for the butcher? In this post, we reviewed the top 5 vacuum sealers for your need. Keep reading!
- Top 5 Best Vacuum Sealer for Butcher
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Should I precook meat before storing it?
- What’s the need for vacuum sealers for butchers?
- How thin should the meat slices be before I store them?
- Which alternative should I opt for when it comes to vacuum sealer brands?
- Can the vacuum seal bags be reused?
- Can food that has been vacuum-sealed being microwaved?
- How do I prevent freezer burns?
- Buying Guide of the Best Vacuum Sealer for Butcher
Top 5 Best Vacuum Sealer for Butcher
Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300
One of the best vacuum sealers available in the market today is the Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300. The design allows for both commercial and personal use. Not only is it perfect for the chef restaurant, but it is also good for the home cook.
To be considered the best, a vacuum sealer should be able to perfectly seal food and storing it as well as other items that you may not have extra space for. A good vacuum sealer also keeps food organized wherever you want it to be; be it in the cabinet, the freezer, or the fridge.
Again, you should be able to use it for marinating meats or vegetables as well as sealing any food that you would like to sous vide.
The detachable power cord is a very convenient compartment that can be used for storage.
It has a fan-cooled motor that prevents overheating even after being used for an extended period of time.
For two years you can enjoy the warranty knowing that it will be free of defects in terms of materials or workmanship.
The manual is clear and written very well for the sake of every user’s understanding.
The vacuum lid is see-thru so that it perfectly aligns with the bag during the sealing process.
The bright Led lights ensure that the sealing stages can be perfectly monitored.
The drip tray is a unique feature of the Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300. The drip tray is made to ensure all spillages are caught when the food is being wet sealed. Sure, your workplace will stay clean and tidy throughout the process of sealing.
With its 5-mm wide seal, you can be sure that you will not experience any bursts no matter how high it is stacked in the freezer or after many hours in a sous vide bath.
- This meat vacuum sealer is so big, it can use bags up to 15” wide.
- Takes only seconds to seal. You can be sure to get a tight seal even on the first trial and every other time after that.
- It’s designed to be fan-cooled so that you can use it continuously.
- For soft foods, the manual sealer feature is a very convenient alternative.
- You can use a variety of bags of different sizes using this sealer.
- It is one of the quietest models currently available in the market.
- Not easy to store
- Quite heavy and therefore difficult to carry around. This should be expected, now that it is a commercial machine. It is meant to vacuum seal large quantities of food.
- Doesn’t come with a built-in cutter for the bags.
This FoodSaver will ensure that meat always stays fresh. On average, the meat can be kept fresh for up to 3 years maximum. During this time the stored meat will have no issues at all. Even better is the fact that using this vacuum sealer is very simple.
This unit detects the bag so the only thing to have to do is put the bag in the vacuum sealer. From here, the machine will handle the rest of the processes. Not only is the FoodSaver V4400 ETL certified, but it is also approved by the UL.
The company is confident that safety is their priority. The machine has been thoroughly tested to ensure the highest levels of safety are met.
- Sizes are custom sized
- Stores all kinds of meat
- Comes with built-in storage
- Maximum safety is guaranteed
- Instant moisture detection.
- Automated operational processes.
- The handheld sealer is retractable.
- The heat seal is 100% airtight.
- Removable drip tray.
- Slow compared to other FoodSavers.
- A bit wasteful
GERYON Vacuum Sealer
Being pocket friendly, the GERYON vacuum sealer is considered one of the best options for hunters looking to maximize meat storage. It is not limited to that though; it also provides excellent performance.
This FoodSaver is compact ensuring that you don’t face any problems when you are storing it after use. GERYON vacuum sealer is also very easy to clean in case you are not using it for extended periods.
- Designed with two sealing modes.
- Saves both money and time.
- Removes air completely when vacuuming.
- It is very easy to use because it is 100% automatic.
- The perfect storage for both moist and dry meat.
- You can be sure that the meet will stay fresh as long as it is stored.
- The vacuum seal is completely airtight.
- Has a lifetime warranty.
- Easy to clean.
- The longevity is not so good.
- Moisture becomes a little bit of a problem sometimes.
It might be a little expensive, but when it comes to storing meat chunks as butchers do, it beats the rest. I mean the whole point of buying a vacuum sealer is keeping meat fresh, right?
Though recommended mainly for hunters, it is also a very good choice for commercial use.
When you buy the VacMaster VP210, you will never have to worry about its maintenance. The investment will be 100% worth it. It is the convenience that makes it worth buying.
- Comes with a double seal.
- Excellently marinades meat.
- Requires little to no maintenance.
- Simple to operate.
- Simple to use
- Requires no maintenance really.
- Excellently stores meats meant for commercial use.
- Very versatile.
- Can keep food fresh 5 times longer than the ordinary methods.
- Cannot be used for all bags.
- Becomes a problem during storage.
KOIOS Vacuum Sealer
Not only is this vacuum sealer compact and sleek but it is also quite affordable. Even better is the fact that meat stored in this FoodSaver can stay fresh up to 7 times longer than ordinary storage methods.
When you buy the KOIOS vacuum sealer you will get lots of accessories like a cutter.
It will also come with a sealing sponge and a pumping pipe. You will be sorted from the very first day you buy it.
- The vacuum and seal are lockable.
- Comes with fill bags.
- Both dry and moist portions of meat can be easily sealed.
- Increases the shelf life of meat.
- Can keep meats fresh 7 times longer than ordinary methods.
- Designed with a high-resistance technology.
- Comes with 10 special bags and sealing sponges.
- Quite affordable.
- The bags that come with the vacuum sealer are not of the best quality.
VAC – VIDA VS301 Vacuum Sealer
If you are ready to invest that extra amount, then look no further than this incredible vacuum sealer. The good news is that is more efficient compared to its counterparts.
You can use it with the readily available cheaper bags in the market and save yourself some money.
VAC – VIDA VS301 offer excellent customer service and comes with a warranty as well. You can easily replace any parts in case of wear because the brand is common and easily accessible in the market.
The control system is simple, meaning every butcher will be able to operate it. As soon as you hit the right button, you will easily seal the packets too.
- Parts and accessories are easily replaceable.
- The control system is quite convenient.
- The operation system is excellent.
- Excellent packaging.
- Leaves the packaging fully airtight.
- The design is sleek.
- The pump is reliable.
- The plastic pouches are easily accessible and are cheaply sold.
- Changing the oil is a difficult process.
- Quite pricey.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is storing meat in a vacuum sealer safe? Yes, storing meat in a vacuum sealer is 100% safe. As stated above, it keeps meat fresh longer than other ordinary methods.
Should I precook meat before storing it?
That’s not necessary at all. You can store the raw meat inside the sealer and still have it as fresh as the first day you stored it many months after you first did.
What’s the need for vacuum sealers for butchers?
Vacuum sealers will ensure that the meat you store for commercial purposes stays longer. Sealing and freezing the meat for a long period will not interfere with the level of freshness of the meat.
How thin should the meat slices be before I store them?
There is no requirement for the slice sizes that you must maintain while storing your meat. Just cut the meat depending on what your preference is.
Which alternative should I opt for when it comes to vacuum sealer brands?
You will be spoilt for choice with all the available brands of vacuum sealers in the market.
Obviously, you might get a little confused sometimes. In such cases, read the features, the pros, and the cons thoroughly and then decide on the brand that you think works conveniently for you.
Can the vacuum seal bags be reused?
Yes, most of the time, you can simply rinse and reuse the seal bags multiple times. However, if the bag was used to seal and store raw meat then you must not use it again.
That’s because there are harmful micro-organisms that thrive in crevices and creases. This provides the breeding ground for bacteria.
Can food that has been vacuum-sealed being microwaved?
Yes, most of the time, the seal bags are microwave safe. In case you are microwaving some liquid inside the bags, you should be cautious and make sure the liquid is not overheated to the extent where it can cause burns.
How do I prevent freezer burns?
Use a paper towel to remove as much moisture as you can from food surfaces. Only then should you store them in the vacuum bag and seal them.
By doing this, you can be sure that you limit the freezer burns as much as possible.
Buying Guide of the Best Vacuum Sealer for Butcher
When choosing a vacuum sealer, you must consider the following factors;
- The cost of the bags.
- The amount of sealing you are comfortable doing.
- If you plan of packaging foods rich in liquids frequently.
- The noise level of the machine. Some vacuum sealers are really loud. They can be a problem really. It is best to choose one that is quiet and doesn’t cause lots of disturbances.
- Price of the machine. You should definitely receive value for the money you are paying. You should look for an average price, not too cheap and not too expensive. This way you can get a satisfactory product.
- The simplicity of usage. The reality is that some sealers are difficult to use. You must understand your skill level before you purchase any vacuum sealer. If you have never used a vacuum sealer before, choose one that is simple to use.
- The size of the sealer. A butcher must consider a vacuum sealer’s size. Find a unit that doesn’t give you a headache when it comes to storage. Again, consider how much the machine weighs. Find a machine that can be easily carried without giving much trouble. It makes works easier.
- Its compatibility with other parts in case of wear. If a vacuum sealer can offer a maximum level of product compatibility, then that would be the best option. That’s because when a particular brand is limited, finding its replacement becomes very hard.
- The length of the warranty period. Vacuum sealers have a lot of moving components. Something may go wrong when it is being used. You should therefore choose a vacuum sealer with a long warranty period.
If you are interested in regular use of a vacuum sealer, then you will need the on-board roll feature for storage. They usually come in the countertop models. You will find them with a chamber or an open slot. You can place rolls of vacuum sealer bags in this chamber.
The good thing is that you will always have bags available for use instead of having to find rolls and scissors to cut the bags. You will always have everything you need on the vacuum sealer.
Even better is that you can also custom cut the bags and reduce the wasted bags, which eventually saves you a lot of money. After all, you find bag rolls at a cheaper price compared to precut bags.
Most countertop models usually more durable, they come with more features and they have on-board bag roll storage that is built-in. Be ready to part with more money and space for all these extra features though.