Vacuum sealers are innovative products that help many households save money and time. They suck the oxygen out of a bag or a container to get rid of microbes, germs, and bacteria that cause spoilage and rot. Numerous manufacturers have designed lightweight and smaller vacuum sealers, and it is because of this that the product is today a common household name, check out the best vacuum sealers. Though a good number of people know how to use the sealer, below are some tips to ensure you use your seal more efficient.
1. Is it possible to re-seal a vacuum sealer bag? Yes, it is possible to seal a vacuum sealer bag. First, you need to cut the current seal, and then remove foodstuff inside. Then ensure you wash the bag very well to avoid germs. You can sterilize the container as well. Then, you can go ahead and re-seal your vacuum sealer bag. However, ensure you clean any residue around the seal area especially the inside part of the bag. If not cleaned correctly, it will prevent your bag from sealing as it should be.
2. How to fix a broken vacuum sealer bag? If you have a broken bag and air has entered it, you have few options to fix it. First, examine your bag correctly and for any hole that may have caused the leakage. If the air entered in through the seal, you could easily re-seal cut the seal and re-seal it. In most cases, moisture can stop your bag from sealing as required. If it is the moisture causing the problem, you just need to wipe the area with a towel. Unluckily, if your bag is punctured, you no other option but to replace it with another one.
3. Can you put vacuum sealers in a microwave? Yes, you can put it in a microwave. However, you are advised to heat up the cooked food but not to cook raw meals in the microwave. When heating up the food in a microwave, you are encouraged first to cut the corner of the bag so that air can get out. It is wise to heat up food in the microwave that contain a lot of oil, since the oil can become very hot. In case, a sealer bag overheats it cause some problems in the microwave. Also, if you heat your food in a sealed vacuum sealer bag, you bag can burst, leaving a mess inside your microwave.
4. Can you put vacuum sealers in a freezer Yes, it is very safe to put a vacuum sealer in the fridge. Remember, one of the primary duty of a vacuum sealer bag is to store food. Hence, it is okay to put the bag in a freezer. Vacuum sealer bags are made to keep moisture and air out. They stop freezer burn and prevent food from becoming tasteless and dry. Vacuum sealer bags are perfect items for storing food in the freezer for a long time.
For foods such as meat and cheese, the best item to use is a vacuum zipper bag. Since it has a zipper, and some of these foods you need to access daily, the zip ensures you take the food in and out of the bag easily.
5. How safe is a vacuum sealer bag? A vacuum sealer bag is safe. However, the quality of the bag might differ from one brand to another. Hence, it is wise to check the label you choose is fit for the purpose that you intend to you it. For instance, do you want a vacuum sealer bag to put on a microwave, or for putting in a deep freezer, or will you boil the bag up-to 100 degrees? You can only enjoy these benefits if you choose the best sealer bags. Also, most of these bags are BPA free.
6. Can someone wash and re-use vacuum sealer bags? Yes, you can re-use or wash the sealer bags, but in rare cases. For example, if your sealer bag had dry foods such as fruits, bread and vegetables wash and re-use the bag. But if you had used the bag to store eggs, fish, cheese or meat, you are advised not to re-used the bag. The kit might contain unseen bacteria.
You can quickly wash the bag by hand or in the dishwasher. If you want to re-use your bags, it is wise to clean them thoroughly and ensure they are thoroughly dry, both sides before reusing them. Even though you can wash and re-use your sealer bags, for hygiene reasons, it is wise to use new bags when storing fresh foods.